The FCA has published its Business Plan for 2019/20 which outlines its key priorities for the year.
The statement from the FCA accompanying the Business Plan outlines four ongoing cross-sector priorities:
- Work on firms’ culture and governance, including extending the Senior Managers and Certification Regime to all firms;
- Ensuring the fair treatment of firms’ existing customers by monitoring firms’ practices, including the information they give prospective and current customers;
- Developing the work being done on operational resilience, which will play a vital role in protecting the UK’s financial system; and
- Combating financial crime and improving anti-money laundering practices, by enhancing the use of technology and data, as well as engaging with multiple agencies and government bodies.
The Business Plan also sets out three additional cross-sector priorities, which have longer time horizons:
- the future of regulation;
- ensuring innovation and the use of data work in consumers’ interests; and
- examining the intergenerational challenge in financial services.