Of Relevance to:
Hong Kong Licenced Firms
Financial Year 2015: Submissions to the Hong Kong SFC
For Hong Kong Licensed Corporations with a fiscal year ending 31 December, there are certain annual submissions due to the SFC by Friday 29 April 2016:
- Account Disclosure Document for Licensed Corporation (“ADD”) – prepared by the firm
- Audit Questionnaire – prepared by the auditor
- Compliance Report – prepared by the auditor
- Business and Risk Management Questionnaire (“BRMQ”) – prepared by the firm
- Audited Accounts – prepared by the auditor
Please note that in connection with preparation of the audited accounts for 2015, the Licensed Corporation’s auditor will frequently make recommendations to make certain changes to a firm’s income items, expense items, and balance sheet entries, and such changes will in most cases require corresponding changes made to the firm’s Financial Resources Rules reporting (“FRR”) for December 2015. Further, if your firm is required to submit monthly FRRs, amendments may also need to be made to the FRRs submitted for January and February 2016.
Accordingly, if your auditor recommends restatement of certain items, it is suggested you inquire whether or not these changes will require corresponding amendment(s) to previously submitted FRR(s). If yes, the FRR(s) must be amended and then may be submitted to the SFC via the e-Cert as usual, and you must first request the SFC to “accept” amended FRR(s). This request can be made:
- on-line on the e-Cert web page; or
- by making a request by telephone to your firm’s case officer.
How Can We Help?
Complyport has a Hong Kong office with 5 staff, including its principal who is a US-trained capital markets lawyer, and has worked establishing compliance programmes and providing on-going compliance advice to financial institutions in Hong Kong since 1996.
To find out more about how we can help with your Hong Kong compliance requirements, please contact your usual consultant or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 29 April 2016: final date for submissions to the SFC for firms with a December fiscal year end