The new market abuse regime deriving from Market Abuse Regulation 596/2014 (EU MAR) applies from 3 July 2016 – see Regulatory Roundup 70 for further details.
The European Commission has published a Delegated Regulation (and accompanying Annexes), addressing various matters including:
- extending the exemption to certain public bodies etc. from certain obligations and prohibitions;
- indicators of market manipulation;
- thresholds for the disclosure by emission allowance market participants of inside information;
- the competent authority for the notification of delays of public disclosure of inside information;
- the circumstances under which trading during a closed period may be permitted; and
- types of transactions triggering the duty to notify managers’ transactions.